Thursday, April 22, 2010

Interview with a Teacher

The teacher that I interviewed for this project was Ryan Smith. He his a history teacher at Faith Academy. He is one of the main reasons that I chose to become a teacher. The following questions shown are the ones I asked Mr. Smith and they will be followed by his response.
1. How long have you been teaching?
-I have been teaching for 5 years.
2. What made you want to teach high school?
-I could have the ability to help shape and mold a kids life to help them become a great person in the future.
3. Why become a history teacher?
-That is easy, I am a history "nerd".
4. Do you believe in using technology inside the classroom?
-Yes, it is a great tool and it makes learning fun
5. By "fun", what do you mean?
-It brings history back to life using technology by showing where famous battles were fought and using the internet to find videos that show things from the past
6. What tools of technology do you use in your classroom?
-I like to use power points, podcast, and Google earth
7. What teacher got you interested in using technology in classrooms?
-I can't remember his name now but he was a professor at the University of Mobile
8. Are you open to learning new things with technology to help your students learn?
-Yes, most certainly without using technology in somethings it would just make school more boring to some students.
9. What is your favorite time period in history?
-I love the Romans and the Napoleon era
10. What is your least favorite time period in history?
-Probably the whole papacy era where everybody claimed to be a pope.

No comments:

Post a Comment