Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Comments 4 Teachers Weeks 10-12

Do I Dare Disturb the Universe Week 10
This week by Scott Elias, he wrote about what you need to know as soon as you finish teacher school. He basically gave ideas and some tips that we as future teachers should know before we step foot into a classroom. He told us that we should be fun not "funny", to take this job seriously, but at the same time have fun with what we are doing. Also he said that we should act interested in what we are teaching, because if we are not then they will not be interested in what we are saying.
I thought that these were great ideas that he brought up and believe me I will take them with me. Most of the teachers that I have learned the most from are the ones that loved teaching their subjects. And they have been history teachers which have in turn made me wanna be like them and make history interesting to the kids I will be teaching. I think it is a great blog and you should check it out here for your-self.
Week 12
This week on Scott Elias' blog he talked about something that I was very interested in finding out about, the iPad. He was just giving his experiences and thoughts about the iPad and about how amazing it is. He likes it because he says that it is in between a laptop and an iPhone. So, it is the perfect tool he needs.
He said that it is good for watching videos and having a calendar and notes. He had a lot of great things to say about it and he said that he is just waiting for just a couple more things and apps to come out so that he can make the iPad better for his use.
I actually enjoyed reading this blog a lot, because it gave me a great insight about the iPad and answered a couple questions that I had been wondering about. And after reading this and taking in some of his ideas I am probably going to buy one pretty soon and experience one for myself. If you want to check out the overview click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment