Sunday, February 14, 2010

2/14/10 HW Week 5

Wikipedia
I knew that Wikipedia was not the most reliable source on the internet, because my teachers in high school told me that I should not use it. I never knew why exactly that was, but now I know why. Because, anybody and their mother can get on their and write what they think something means on any subject. Then the world can get on there and think it's right without even checking out other sources. It is also crazy that the FBI and the CIA get on there and change things about their organizations. Especially big companies are known for doing these kinds of things to keep their company look good to the world's eyes.
There might come a time where we can finally trust wikipedia 100%. Until then, I think that we should be very careful about which things we pick out that we won't to use. But, don't get me wrong it still is a very interesting website that offers a lot of insight to the world and people which they never knew existed.
At The Teachers Desk
Mr. McClung wrote a very interesting blog. He just gives great ideas on how to do some stuff when it comes to the students. This blog is perfect for me, because it helps me know what to do a little more when I start my student teaching and then work my way into my own classroom. I mean I want to do this for my students, I want to know them personally to help them and mold their lives as they will move on. I want them to look back and remember me as someone who helped them in their life's journey.
I agree that all teachers should know how to work a computer and the programs with it to help teach the students new and brighter things instead of keeping them back. We should as teachers carefully listen to what our students say and do, and give the right direction not snap at them and make them feel down about themselves. All I have to say is Mr. McClung opened my eyes just a little bit more on what I should do with my future students.
Comments 4 Kids Week 5
I went to here and checked out Xochiti M's blog and looked at her picture she made and commented on that.

3 comments:

  1. Just like you, my teachers in high school told me it was not a reliable source and now I understand why as well. I totally agree with you when you say, "I think that we should be very careful about which things we pick out that we won't to use." I think that is very true, because who wants to give out information that turns out to be false.

    I think you made some great comments on Mr. McClung's blog. I also found his blog to be very eye opening and can see it helping me in the future. "I want them to look back and remember me as someone who helped them in their life's journey." Very well said! I, personally, do not want my students to look back and be like that teacher was an old hag, but I want to know I helped them succeed along the way. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blaine, you hit the nail on the head with this statement: "This blog is perfect for me, because it helps me know what to do a little more when I start my student teaching and then work my way into my own classroom." It helps to hear from someone who has been there done that and has already gone through the growing pains. I think a lot of what we do in this class this semester is going to help you with what to do and what not to do when you get your own classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete